Today is #meatlessmonday and time for another #letsberealmeals post. I have been feeling convicted to try and incorporate tofu into my diet. I tried scramble tofu the other day for breakfast. Surprisingly it was not as terrible as I thought it would be, in fact it was actually enjoyable!
Tofu has no real flavor. It takes on the flavor it is cooked with. This Tofu bowl recipe is actually one that I developed for the last episode of The Complete Plate. If you don't like tofu try this dish, I am confident you will be licking the bowl!!!
Recipe makes 2 servings
1 1/2 cups Rice
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp sesame oil, divided
1 clove garlic, minced
250g frozen vegetable mix
175g extra firm tofu, sliced
1. Prepare rice according to your preferred method. Personally I love using the pressure cooker. Rice is ready in 9 minutes. While rice is cooking prepare the rest of the meal.
2. Mix together all sauce ingredients and set aside.
3. Warm a frying pan with sesame oil over medium-high heat. Brown tofu for 1-2 minutes on both sides.
4. While tofu is browning, warm frozen vegetables. 2-3 minutes in microwave.
5. When tofu has finished cooking add to sauce and let sit until ready to assemble.
6. Place rice in bowl, top with vegetables and tofu, finish with sauce. Enjoy!