February 27, 2017
Macaroni & Cheese
Photo Credit: Lindsay Nichols Photography
400 g macaroni pasta1 tbsp grapeseed oil1 shallot diced2 cloves garlic, minced1 1/2 cups butternut squash puree or soup1 cup chicken stock1 parmesan rind
1/2 cup half & half1/2 cup Kefir2 tbsp cornstarch1 tbsp water1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
20 g parmesan real
100 g white old cheddar
Instructions 1. Warm large skillet with oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add shallots and garlic to the pan. Cook until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add butternut squash soup of puree to the pan along with chicken stock and parmesan rind.
4. Allow sauce to simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
5. Reduce heat all the way down. Slowly add half and half to sauce while stirring. Slowly add Kefir to the sauce while stirring.
6. In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce and bring to a gentle boil, just until the sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
7. Reduce heat and stir in nutritional yeast, parmesan, and cheddar. Stir sauce until cheese melts.
8. Pour pasta into skillet with sauce and stir together until all the pasta is coated by the sauce.
Per 1 serving: Recipe makes 7 servingsCalories 378Nutrient Daily Intake (%)Protein 18g 36Carbohydrates 55g 18 Fiber 6 g 26 Sugars 3 g Fat 12g 18 Sat fat 6g 28 Trans Fat 0g Omega 3 0.06 3 Omega 6 1.45 g 12 Cholesterol 27mg 9Vitamins
Vit-A 12Vit-B1 204Vit-B2 177
Vit-B3 98Vit-B5 7Vit-B6 147Folate 10Vit-B12 42Vit-C 4Vit-D 1Vit-E 6Vit-K 1
Minerals Calcium 21Magnesium 25Phosphorus 29Sodium 11Iron 16Maganese 90Selenium 6Zinc 20
November 2, 2016
Sesame fried tofu bowl
October 16, 2017
October 2017 (1)
September 2017 (1)
June 2017 (1)
March 2017 (3)
February 2017 (3)
January 2017 (1)
December 2016 (1)
November 2016 (7)
October 2016 (5)
September 2016 (1)